1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 5.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or similar
2 teaspoons garlic purée
1 tablespoon rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes:
175g new potatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
moroccan-spiced baked potato crisps
These deliciously moreish crisps will have you coming back for more! Perfect for when you'd like to serve something a little out of the ordinary.
An easy way to use leftovers from roast dinners, but still quick and easy to cook from scratch. Why not try with a poached egg popped on top?
Asian spiced Potato Crab Cakes with Rainbow Slaw
Give your taste-buds a treat with these Asian-spiced Potato Crab Cakes. Flavoured with aromatic ginger, chilli and light soy sauce, these potato cakes are a quick and delicious choice for any occasion. Serve with fresh, rainbow slaw for that extra special kick.
A perfect centrepiece to a lunch occasion - served with so many different combinations to suit the time and the weather.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union