1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar
10ml/2tsp garlic purée
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes
175g/6oz new potatoes, quartered
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
10ml/2tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
Adding the beef into the Lyonnaise makes this dish so simple to make, plus it saves on the washing up!
Potato Blinis with Smoked Salmon
Create wonderfully vibrant canapes by using purple potatoes. The combination of smoked salmon and horseradish creme fraiche works beautifully, and these can be served as a starter or for sharing.
Bavarian Potato Salad with griddled Pork Medallions
Rustle up this tasty Bavarian delight. Bursting with flavour and quick to create, this authentic combination of griddled pork and potato is sure to please any crowd!
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union