1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar
10ml/2tsp garlic purée
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes
175g/6oz new potatoes, quartered
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
10ml/2tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
Great food made simple! Our easy tray baked lamb tagine is a delicious, comforting dish which can serve the whole family - check out our simple recipe here.
This classic soup is perfect for the winter months. It is easy to make and tastes great too!
"As you all loved the potato salad I posted a few weeks ago I thought I should share another lovely potato recipe for summer salads and feasts. This one is bursting with flavour and it’s coronation inspired sauce is just a dream. The sauce is made of a delicious blend of spices, from curry powder to garam masala, cinnamon and cayenne, which are mixed with lemon juice, tamari and coconut. The tender potatoes are then tossed with the sauce and scattered with juicy chunks of mango, flaked almonds and raisins. I love this served with big bowls of quinoa and veggies for a beautiful summer meal with friends."
Aromatic Potato, Pea & Mint Soup with Garlic Toasts
Give your taste buds a mid-week treat with this aromatic potato, pea and mint soup. Don't forget to serve with garlic toasts to make your meal extra special!
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union