1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
2. In a small bowl mix together the mustard, garlic purée and oil.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and spread with the mustard mixture. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 40-50 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
4. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 5 minutes, drain and cool slightly.
6. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan under a moderate heat and cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned, shaking the pan from time to time. During the last minute add the rosemary and shake the pan to coat. Season if required and remove from the heat.
7. Slice the roast and serve with gravy, sauté potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean beef mini roast (we used a mini topside joint)
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard or similar
10ml/2tsp garlic purée
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the potatoes
175g/6oz new potatoes, quartered
15ml/1tbsp rapeseed oil
10ml/2tsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
For a twist on a Saturday night takeaway without the noodles, why not try this delicious Potato Pad Thai recipe for a healthy treat night?
Low sat fat
This recipes is perfect for a winter lunch. Containing potatoes, ham and spring onions it has a great taste and is good for you!
Simple yet so tasty, this classic combination of basil, tomato and chicken will bring your jacket to life.
Broccoli Stilton Apple Potato Ramekins
The combination of broccoli, Stilton and apple creates a delicious rich flavour in this dish. Enjoy these yummy ramekins as a starter, or served as party food.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union