|Sat Fat 15.4g||77%|
Gorgeous flavour pairing of apple cider marinade and rosemary beautifully season these sautéed spuds! Tuck into the method below!
1. If you have time, marinate the pork chops for a few hours in the cider. This helps tenderise them and give them plenty of flavour. If not, half an hour will do.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and parboil the potatoes for 4 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan, Gas mark 3.
4. Heat a sauté pan with a little oil. Remove the chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and pat dry. Cook the chops for 6 minutes on each side, remove from the pan and put on a tray in the oven while you make the potatoes and sauce.
5. Add the potatoes to the same sauté pan, season well and add the rosemary and apple.
6. Cook until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, gently cook the onion in a little oil until soft, turn up the heat and pour in a good splash of the cider marinade. Reduce by half, turn the heat down, season then stir in the cream and mustard and heat until bubbling.
8. Serve the pork on top of the potatoes and with a good amount of the mustard sauce.
200g Maris Piper potatoes, cut into quarters
2 thick cut, bone in pork chops
1 small bottle of dry cider
Rapeseed or olive oil
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
2 Braeburn apples, peeled and cubed
1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
80ml double cream
2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
Jansson's Temptation Style Fish & Potato Gratin
Here's our take on a traditional Swedish dish. Jansson’s temptation, or Janssons frestelse, is creamy, warming and hearty.
Grilled Salmon and Potato Rainbow Salad
At just over 600kcal, ‘Bowl in One’ is a delicious combination of salmon spiced with turmeric, fresh potatoes for a fibre and potassium boost, and a generous helping of a mix of vegetables to provide three and a half portions of the recommended ‘5 A DAY’. Incorporating ingredients from all food groups, the dish provides nutrients important for eye, heart and digestive health.
Recipe courtesy of Olivier Limousin, l’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, created as part of an eight course potato tasting menu specially for Potato Week 2012.
Warming Winter Traybake with Duck & Shallots
Embrace the winter season with this warming traybake. Featuring a beautiful combination of potatoes, duck and shallots, this recipe is great for a cosy night in with friends and family.