|Sat Fat 5.9g||30|
This is inspired by Mum’s mid week dinner dish where she roasted a chicken and cooked several trimmings to go with it – tasty, but so time consuming. My version is much simpler using chicken thighs, rather than the whole bird, plus seasonal veg, including Maris Piper potatoes - cooked in one roasting tray. Try it mid-week, or if you have if you have a house full as a simplified Sunday lunch. If you want a slightly less indulgent dish you can leave out the chorizo or lardons, but these do add lovely flavours to the dish.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC /fan 200ºC/gas 7 while you prepare your vegetables and chicken.
2. Pop the potatoes in a shallow microwaveable dish and pour over 2 tbsp water. Cover with cling film, piercing a hole in the top and microwave on high (based on a 750watt microwave) for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile put the chicken, chorizo or lardons (if using), peppers, onion, carrots, rosemary and olive oil in a large roasting tray.
4. Add the partially cooked potatoes and toss everything together so it is coated in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze over the lemon juice, season and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes turn everything around in the tray and add the tomatoes (and olives, if using) and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.
750g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
150g diced chorizo or bacon lardons
1-2 red, yellow or orange peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
3 carrots cut into chunks
2 stalks rosemary
1.5 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp olive oil if not using chorizo or lardons)
Juice of 1 lemon
About 20 cherry or baby plum tomatoes
Large handful of green olives, plain or stuffed with pimento or anchovies (optional)
Low in sat fat
Putting potatoes in a omelette helps to make it more filling. This is a great twist on a classic omelette recipe and is tasty too.
A simple, tasty, healthy salad with an Oriental influence.
This mini roast is a fantastic meal option for 2-3 people that is boneless,easy to carve and ready in under an hour. The lamb is covered with a delicious rosemary butter, very simply made with unsalted butter and freshly chopped or dried rosemary leaves. Ideal for a midweek meal.
Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-fry
Sizzle up your mid-week with this quick and easy Chinese Chicken & Potato Stir-fry. Packed full of goodness with deliciously spiced chicken, potatoes and vibrant vegetables - this dish is the perfect alternative to a takeaway without losing the flavour!
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union