|Sat Fat 5.9g||30|
This is inspired by Mum’s mid week dinner dish where she roasted a chicken and cooked several trimmings to go with it – tasty, but so time consuming. My version is much simpler using chicken thighs, rather than the whole bird, plus seasonal veg, including Maris Piper potatoes - cooked in one roasting tray. Try it mid-week, or if you have if you have a house full as a simplified Sunday lunch. If you want a slightly less indulgent dish you can leave out the chorizo or lardons, but these do add lovely flavours to the dish.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC /fan 200ºC/gas 7 while you prepare your vegetables and chicken.
2. Pop the potatoes in a shallow microwaveable dish and pour over 2 tbsp water. Cover with cling film, piercing a hole in the top and microwave on high (based on a 750watt microwave) for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile put the chicken, chorizo or lardons (if using), peppers, onion, carrots, rosemary and olive oil in a large roasting tray.
4. Add the partially cooked potatoes and toss everything together so it is coated in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze over the lemon juice, season and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes turn everything around in the tray and add the tomatoes (and olives, if using) and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.
750g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and quartered
8 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
150g diced chorizo or bacon lardons
1-2 red, yellow or orange peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
3 carrots cut into chunks
2 stalks rosemary
1.5 tbsp olive oil (2 tbsp olive oil if not using chorizo or lardons)
Juice of 1 lemon
About 20 cherry or baby plum tomatoes
Large handful of green olives, plain or stuffed with pimento or anchovies (optional)
Learn how to make perfect potato rosti with this healthy recipe. Delicious potato rosti recipe with asparagus and a poached egg.
Add some delightful flavours and textures to your salad with crème fraiche, beetroot, and new potatoes.
Bring the taste of the Mediterranean home with this refreshing salad packed full of flavour - ideal for a summer picnic or BBQ.
This dish works just as well with tinned salmon, and is a quick and tasty way to use up any leftover mash.
This campaign was originally produced in the framework of a programme co-financed by the European Union